Motion Recording Storage PC Overview
Amcrest cloud allows you to connect your IP camera to a cloud based service that allows you to store and access recorded events from a secure location from anywhere in the world. For more information on cloud setup as well as plans we offer please follow the instructions provided below.
For more information about cloud plans and pricing click here.
For more information on how to set up and add a camera to the Amcrest Cloud via a desktop or laptop, click here.
Once you have created an Amcrest Cloud account you will be able to sign into your account via the Amcrest Cloud website on laptop or PC. The website can be accessed at amcrestcloud.com
Note: The Amcrest Cloud website can be accessed using either Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Microsoft Edge.
When you have successfully logged into your cloud account you will see the following menu:
Below is an explanation of each feature listed on the user interface for the Amcrest Cloud via a laptop or PC:
Use the Live button to access the live stream of a connected camera from the cloud.
The icon allows the user to reverse playback 15 seconds when viewing an event. The Previous button is used to play the previous recording store in the cloud. The Pause button will pause the live feed from the camera. To return back to play the stream, press the Play button or click GO LIVE. The Next button is used to play the next recording stored in the cloud. The icon allows the user to fast forward 15 seconds when viewing an event.
Use the Calendar button to navigate to a specific date and time of a stored event. If you would like to save media for a longer period of time you can upgrade your storage plan. For more information how to upgrade your cloud storage plan click here.
Use this option to easily navigate the timeline bar to access events for a specific date from 1, 6, 12, and 24 hour increments.
Use the Timeline bar to scroll through captured events stored on the cloud. To download an event from the timeline, hover your mouse over the event and click "Download this event".
Please note, if you hover your mouse over the event in the timeline, you will be able to preview the event as well before you download it.
Click on the cloud download icon ( ) a download link of the event will be generated and available in the settings menu under Downloads. Click on Download to download the event to your computer.
Use this menu to access additional features for your camera. To access this menu, click on the small triangle icon to access the following menu:
The features in this menu include:
- Edit: Allows the user to access specific settings related to their connected device. These features include:
- Camera Name: Allows the user to modify the name of the selected camera.
- Recording Mode: Allows the user to turn motion detection on or off in the cloud.
- Event Triggers Schedule: Allows the user to access motion detection trigger settings for their device. This setting will always be set to the Always On position since the cloud will always store events based on motion detection.
- Resolution: Allows the user to set resolution quality in the app. Currently, the max resolution for Amcrest Cloud is 4MP.
- Notifications: Allows the user to set which notifications they would like to receive from the app. This includes both motion detection and camera health checks.
- Image Appearance: Allows the user to flip, mirror, or flip/mirror the camera's image. This is useful if the user has already mounted a camera and would like to flip/mirror the feed.
- IR Mode: Allows the user to set the IR functions for their camera. This can be set to Auto of night vision, or Off to turn the IR lights off completely. Please note, if you turn off the IR lights on your camera, night vision will not work properly.
- On Screen Display: Allows the user to enable or disable the onscreen date and time.
- Camera Username: Allows the user to modify the username for their camera.
- Camera Password: Allows the user to modify the password for their camera.
- Test Connection: Allows the user to test the overall connectivity of the camera to the cloud.
- Reconfigure Connection: Allows the user to automatically reconfigure camera connection from the camera to the cloud server.
After editing your camera settings, click on the Save icon to save and apply the settings to your camera. If you do not wish to proceed with these settings, click Cancel.
Add Camera: Allows the user to add an additional camera onto their cloud account. For more information on adding additional cameras to the cloud click here.
If you hover your mouse pointer over the live view screen you will notice an additional menu bar begin displayed. This menu bar allows you to access to the following settings:
Below is an explanation of the following items in this menu:
Used to turn the audio on and off on the camera.
Used to minimize the pop-out menu.
Used to set the pop-out window to full screen.
Used to access additional menu settings such as: Motion Detection, Pan and Tilt, and Image Settings.
- Motion Detection: Allows the user to set motion detection regions for the camera within the app. This option also allows the user to set the Sensitivity and Threshold of the motion detection settings. For more information on adjusting motion detection settings, click here.
Use the X button to exit out of the Motion Detection settings menu.
- Pan and Tilt: Allows the user to adjust pan and tilt settings for their camera. This is only applicable for cameras with PTZ functionality such as the, IP2M-841B and the IP4M-1051B for example. Below is a screenshot of the Pan and Tilt menu:
Use the Pan and Tilt directional arrows to begin panning and tilting your camera. To reset the settings, click on Reset. To reset the camera to its original (home) position, click on Set Home. To exit the pan and tilt menu, click on the X button.
Image Settings: Allows the user to adjust the brightness, contrast, saturation, and sharpness of the image from the camera. To save the modified information to your camera. Below is a screenshot of the Image Settings menu:
Use the sliders in this menu to adjust the image settings. To exit this menu, click on the X icon.
Use this icon to refresh the live view screen.
Use this icon to access additional menu settings for your cloud account.
Below is an explanation of the items listed in this menu:
- Upgrade: Use this menu as a quick reference point when upgrading your cloud plan. This option features all current cloud plans and the options to upgrade your cloud account.
- Schedules: The schedules menu provides a direct link to the Settings menu.
- Settings: Use this menu as a quick reference point when upgrading your cloud plan. This option features all current cloud plans and the options to upgrade your cloud account.
- Schedules: Use this menu to set event preferences for your camera. Below is a description of the options listed in this menu:
- Notifications: This menu allows the user to add an email address. This will be the email address all of your notifications will be sent.
- Event Schedule: This menu allows the user to add a modified event schedule for the camera. To create a schedule, click on the Add Schedule icon.
- Step 1: Give the schedule a name.
- Step 2: Select the camera you would like to set the schedule to from the drop down menu.
- Step 3: Select the dates and times you would like the schedule to apply. Click YES in the All Day field if you would like the notifications to be turned on all day.
- Step 4: Click Save to save the schedule to your camera. You can also add multiple schedules by clicking on Add New Entry.
- Downloads: Use this menu to access bulk media downloads. The download archives will be retained in the cloud for 24 hours.
- Camera Health Check: Use this menu to set notification health checks for your camera. This applies to notifications regarding, camera disconnects, failures, or other related camera issues the cloud can detect.
- Edit Profile: Use this menu to modify your Amcrest Cloud account profile. This includes the username and password for your cloud account, email address, and time zone. Click Submit to save and apply the changes to your cloud account profile. If you wish to exit this menu, click on Cancel.
- Add Camera: Allows the user to add an additional camera onto their cloud account. For more information on adding additional cameras to the cloud click here.
- Turn Events Off: Use this option to turn off all events for all connected devices on your cloud account.
- Sign Out: Use this option to sign out of your Amcrest Cloud account.