How to Change Video and Audio Settings in Google Meet
The video and audio settings settings for Google Meet can be adjusted on the web or on your mobile device. For more information on how to adjust these settings please refer to the information provided below.
Step 1: Before a meeting, go to https://meet.google.com > click Settings > After the meeting starts, click More> Settings > Audio.
Step 2: Choose a setting you want to change.
- Microphone - Select your microphone device.
- Speakers - Select your speakers. To test your speakers, click Test.
Step 3: Click Done.
Change Your Computer's Camera and Video Quality
On a computer, you can change the camera used for a meeting.
You might also want to decrease the quality of your video if you experience:
- Video or audio delays
- Poor network connection
- Low battery
- Limited data available
- Other quality issues
To change the camera or the video resolution when using Meet on your computer:
- In a web browser, open https://meet.google.com/.
- Click Settings Video.
- Choose a setting you want to change:
- Camera—Select your camera device. If your camera is working, to the right of Video, you’ll see your video feed.
- Send resolution—The image quality from your device that others see.
- Receive resolution—The image quality that you see from other participants.
- Click Done.
Send resolution (maximum)
- High Definition (720p)—(Available on computers with a quad-core CPU or higher) Uses more data, but your camera will send a better quality picture.
- Standard definition (360p)—Uses less data, but your camera will send a lower quality picture.
Receive resolution (maximum)
- High Definition (720p)—(Available on computers with a quad-core CPU or higher) Uses more data, but you see a higher quality picture.
- Standard definition (360p)—Uses less data, but you see a lower quality picture.
- Standard definition (360p)—(single feed) To save more data, the other participants' thumbnails turn off.
- Audio Only—To use the least amount of data, you won't see any video.
Please sign in to leave a comment.