See the additional steps below to take when using your WiFi camera to allow optimal performance and speed, and security precautions:
1. Security: Securing passwords along with other data in need of protection.
- Changing the password of the camera will be crucial to securing your camera. Password must be at least 6 characters which can include numbers and letters. Cameras will not recognize symbols but does recognize between upper and lower case.
- Ability to change TCP, UDP, and HTTP ports for a more secure connection is recommended.
2. Speeds: Download speed is very important, but when it comes to IP cameras, upload speed plays a bigger part.
- For upload speed, it is recommendable to have 1.5 MB/s per camera to run at 1080P.
- The higher the resolution the more upload speed it will require. Also, lower resolutions will require less.
- Please also consider how many other devices are in the location (network). This will also affect how well an IP camera will function.
3. Location: How far is the camera from the wireless router.
- Larger distances can be affected more by interference and be susceptible to connection issues.
- Actual distances can vary drastically by the type of router. If connection issues arise, then Wi-Fi extender should be considered. Also, when the initial setup is done, it is recommended to have it setup as a bridge connection and turn off any DHCP features on it. The actual setup is also different by brand. Please refer to their support and documentation for more information.
- If Wi-Fi connection fails, you have other options such as Ethernet Setup through a desktop or laptop.
4. Camera Setup: Please verify that the camera is in the same network connection with device that is also doing the setup.
For example: If using a smartphone setup, then verify the phone is not on a cellular service. It must be using Wi-Fi connection of the network.
To prevent IP address from changing set IP address to Static.
5. Storage: Where to store footage along with other storage options.
- Maximum onboard SD card storage set at 32GB.
- Factors such as resolution, schedule, & activity will justify the memory use of the files being stored in the SD card.
- Formatting the SD card upon installation is recommended.
Please sign in to leave a comment.