How To Setup Push Notifications Using The Amcrest View Pro App.
Please open the Amcrest View Pro app open and ensure your device is added to the Device Manager.
Step 1: Tap the top left icon to open the menu and select the "Push Notifications" option located in the menu.
Step 2: In the push notifications menu, tap the "Configuration" tab.
Step 3: Select the device you want to receive push notifications from. If push notifications are not enabled on your device, you will notice a "disabled" message in this field.
Step 4: To enable push notifications, toggle the switch next to your device to the on position.
A list of options will be shown:
- Push Type: This is what will open when you tap on the push notifications you receive, pushing the live view, video or image from the event.
- Motion Detect: Select if you want to receive notifications from motion being detected.
- Cam Mask: Select if you want to receive notifications that the camera has been covered or view has been blocked.
- Face Detection: Not currently available.
- Local Alarm: Select if you want to be notified that a local alarm has been triggered. (This referring to the I/O alarm ports on the back of the device.)
- HDD Alarm: Select if you want to receive notifications that no disk is detected, there is low space on the disk, or the disk has an error. (In this case the SD Card that's inserted within the camera.)
Note: Only Push Type and Motion Detect are available in the app at the moment.
Step 5: Next, we will need to enable "Push Type". Please tap the Push type option and select which type of push notification you would like to receive.
Step 6: If you have not done so already, the next step will be to setup motion detection for your device. Please tap "Motion Detection" in the previous screen and tap your device to enable motion detection. Once configured, there should be a check mark signifying the option is enabled. Press the back arrow to return to the previous menu.
Step 7: You will notice the push type and motion detect options now have values. Please tap the "Save" icon in the upper right hand corner to save and apply your push notification options to your camera.
Congratulations! You have now successfully established push notifications for your device.