How To Setup To A NAS
Instructions to connect your Amcrest cameras to record onto your Synology NAS Drive using the Synology Surveillance Software.
1. Connect your camera via an Ethernet cord or WiFi and proceed to log into the Amcrest Web UI with your credentials as usual.
2. Navigate to the “Setup” tab at the top right-hand side of the page.
3. Then navigate to “Storage”, then click on “Destination” to view your “Path” settings”.
4. Under “Path”, change the record setting to “NAS”. Once it is in NAS on both snapshot & record you will be all set under this section. Click "Save".
5. Under the same section, click on the "NAS" tab. Check the "Enable" box, input the IP address of your NAS setup in the "Server Address" field, and input the file path as seen in the NAS on the "Remote Directory" field. Click "Save".
6. Next, log into your Synology NAS using its IP address.
7. Enter into the “Package Center” and download “Surveillance Station”.
8. Surveillance Station is a web-based application that manages IP cameras to safeguard your home or office environment.
9. After installing “Surveillance Station”, you will be able to search for it at the top right-hand side of the page. Click on the software upon finding it and it will open up on a separate tab.
10. Once you are logged into the Surveillance Station, navigate to “IP Camera”.
11. Click on “Add” to add your camera to the software.
12. Select “Quick Setup” to add your IP camera then hit “Next”.
13. You will then put input the information needed to run the camera on the software & click “Test Connection” when all the information is put in.
14. After it succeeds, click “Finished” at the bottom right.
15. Once the camera is added, you will then be able to go to “Recording” and access all the recordings of the camera. You can use the camera name to find the camera
Please sign in to leave a comment.