2) On the left-hand panel, select Network then HTTPS right under it.
3) Select the Create button to create the certificate.
4) A new window will appear.
5) Please enter the required information indicated by a “*”. For "IP or Domain”, please input what is going to be used for HTTPS. If it is DDNS, please input the full address. For example, IP2M841.amcrestddns.com.
6) Once you have entered the required information, click on Create.
7) This will auto-generate in the Request Created field.
8) Select Install.
9) Once the installation is complete, it will auto-populate the Certificate installed section.
10) Now you can enable HTTPS.
11) Select Save.
12) "Refresh Successful" should appear under the fields and then a message will pop up to inform that the camera will reboot.
13) The browser will stop. Type https:// and the IP address of your device into the browser to reload the web UI.
A message will appear indicating the site is not secure. This is because the root cert is not properly imported. Click on the More Information tab and click on "Go on to the webpage (not recommended)" to access the page.
14) You will notice the search bar in the browser is pink, indicating there is a certificate error.
To resolve the issue, log into your web UI and go to the HTTPS menu again. In the menu, click on Download to download the certificate.
Locate the certificate file you just downloaded (RootCert) and double click to access its details. Click on "Install Certificate" to install the certificate.
You will enter the Certificate Import Wizard. Make sure the Store Location is set to Current User and click Next to continue.
Click on the "Place all certificates in the following store" button and click Browse. In the Certificate Store menu, select "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" and click Next to continue.
Click Finish to finish importing the certificate.
Click Yes to successfully import the certificate.
Next, go back to your web UI in the web browser and click the refresh button. The certificate has been successfully installed and the web page is now set to HTTPS.
15) If you intend to use your own, please go to the “Install Signed Certificate” section. Select Browse and choose the path to your certificate to be used. All other steps should be similar to creating the certificate.
16) Select the file and press Open. It will appear on the path. An upload button will become available and letters will turn white. Then select upload.