INTRODUCTION: Follow this guide for instructions on how to install your Amcrest ACD-830B Dash Camera in your vehicle successfully. Your camera will be ready for use once properly installed. To watch the step-by-step video tutorial of this process, please click here to watch Amcrest Car DVR Mount and Cable Install.
1) INSTALLING THE CAMERA IN YOUR VEHICLE WITH GPS MODULE COMBO.
The following steps will guide you through the mounting process:
- Locate the mounting screw hole on the top of the camera.
- Before attaching the mount to the camera, spin the lock nut so it is positioned at the top of the threaded shaft.
- Insert the threaded shaft into the screw hole and fasten the bracket.
- Attach the Mini HDMI cable from the GPS module into the Mini HDMI port on the camera.
- Ensure the lock nut is tightly fasten onto the camera.
- Position the camera onto the vehicle's windshield. Ensure the locking lever is in the down position then push the suction cup up against the vehicle’s windshield to tuck it in place.
- Loosen the grip nut and position the camera to the desired direction.
- Tighten the grip nut with the camera facing the preferred recording direction.
NOTE: Always loosen the grip nut before pivoting the camera in any direction. Failure to do so may cause mount failure.
The best mounting location for your camera would be in the red-dashed area referenced in the image below.
NOTE: Do not install the camera in a place that will obstruct the drivers view.
2) INSTALLING THE POWER CABLE
After the camera has been mounted, the next step is installing the power cable.
SAFETY PRECAUTION: Amcrest recommends routing the power cable behind the headliner and trim/molding of the vehicle. This avoids interferences while driving and prevent accidents when exiting/entering the vehicle.
The following steps will guide you through the last part of the installation process:
- Connect the included Universal Power Adaptor to the mini USB charging port on the camera.
- Locate a 12V Power Socket in your vehicle. It is normally located near the radio head unit on the vehicle control panel. Reference the image below for an idea of where to look.
- Route the power cable behind the headliner and trim/moldings of the vehicle as demonstrated by the black-dashed line in the image below.
- Use zip ties to secure the excess cabling under the dash or tuck it away into the glove box.
- Plug the Power Adaptor into the 12V Power Socket in your vehicle.
- The small red led light on the power adapter will illuminate. This indicates that the camera is charging and is ready for use.
ADDITIONAL POWER SOCKET INFORMATION:
In some vehicles, the power socket will receive power once the vehicle ignition is turned on and the power will cut off when the car is turned off.
However, in other vehicles, the power socket will always receive power regardless if the vehicle’s ignition is on or off. Please note the camera may drain the vehicle’s battery if left plugged in. In this case, we recommend unplugging the power adapter before leaving the vehicle.
In other instances, once the ignition is turned off, the power socket will remain on for a short period of time, supplying power to the camera. In newer vehicles, the power socket may still be on for a short period of time after the vehicle is turned off.
NOTE: When the external power source is plugged into the camera, it will automatically power on and initiate automatic recording.
Please sign in to leave a comment.