How To Upgrade Firmware on a Trail Camera
This camera is equipped with an automatic firmware upgrade function. Upgrading is needed only when an improved firmware is available.
Note: Before proceeding, please locate and download the most recent version of firmware for your device from www.amcrest.com/firmware-subscribe
To update firmware, follow the below steps:
- Unzip the update file.
- Copy the .bin to an SD card.
- Insert the SD card into the camera.
- Power on the camera into Test Mode.
- The camera will read the SD card and update itself automatically. When updating the camera, the screen will be black.
- The screen will light up after the update is finished.
- Turn the camera off.
- Remove the SD card, then insert it into a PC, and delete the .bin file on the SD card. (If you don't do this, the camera will try to update again when it is powered on).
- Insert the SD card into the camera like normal. The camera should have the latest firmware installed at this point.
Please sign in to leave a comment.