Physical Installation Guide (IP8M-2496EW-V2)
This article will provide a detailed, physical installation guide for your Amcrest bullet camera. Please refer to the information below for more details.
Physical Installation Video:
Physical Installation Guide
Follow the steps and use the diagram in this section to install the POE cameras.
Note: Prior to installation ensure that the installation environment can support at least 3 times the weight of the camera.
1. Stick the installation sticker on the designated surface where the device will be installed (wall or ceiling).
2. Drill 3 holes through the holes on the installation sticker.
3. Open the accessories bag and take out the expansion bolt and insert it into the holes.
4. Open accessories bag and take out the screws. Tighten the 3 screws to fix the device on the installation surface (wall or ceiling).
5. Loosen the sunshade screw to move it around to the desired position, then tighten the screw to lock it into place.
6. Plug in the camera to power it, using either an Ethernet or power cable.
7. Using a Philip’s head screwdriver, (not included) loosen the adjusting screw near the base of the camera. This allows the camera to be rotated, as well as pivoted within the ball joint.
8. Adjust the device to the desired position. 9. Using a Philip’s head screwdriver, (not included) tighten the adjusting screw near the base of the camera to lock the camera in position.
9. Using a Philip’s head screwdriver, (not included) tighten the adjusting screw near the base of the camera to lock the camera in position.
Installing a MicroSD Card
Not all Amcrest model bullet cameras feature a microSD card slot. However, if your camera has a microSD card slot and would like information on how to insert the microSD card into your camera, refer to the information provided below.
Note: You will need a basic Phillips head screwdriver to complete the installation.
1. Locate and remove the protective plate located on the bottom portion of the camera. This plate can be found right above the serial number sticker of the unit.
2. Remove the protective plate with a Phillips head screwdriver and locate the microSD card slot for the camera. It is located right above the factory reset switch.
3. Insert the microSD card into the slot, gold pins down and press into place to lock the micro SD card in the slot.
4. Once the microSD card is properly inserted, close the protective plate securely to complete the installation