How To Use the Motorized Lens Feature (IP8M-MB2546E)
This camera has a built in motorized lens function which provides up to 4x optical zoom as well as built in auto focus. This feature can be accessed via a web browser using the web user interface or through the Amcrest View Pro app. For more information on how to access and use the motorized lens feature for your camera please refer to the information below.
Accessing the Zoom and Focus feature (web UI)
Step 1: Open a web browser on your computer and log into the web UI for your camera. For more information on how to access the web UI click here.
Step 2: Log into the web UI and navigate to Setup>>Camera>>Configuration>>Zoom and Focus.
Step 3: Use the Zoom slider to zoom in and zoom out on the image. The Focus slider can be used to adjust the focus of the image
Below is a description of the features listed in this menu:
- Zoom: This slider allows the user to zoom the image in and out. Slide the slider to the right to zoom in on an object. Slide the slider left to zoom out.
- Speed: Allows the user to set a speed for the zoom feature. This feature ranges from the lowest setting, 1, to a middle setting of 5, to the fastest setting of 20.
- Focus: This slider allows the user to focus on objects nearer to the camera or further away. Slide the slider to the right to focus on objects further from the camera. Slide the slider to the left to focus on objects near the camera.
- Speed: Allows the user to set a speed for the focus feature of the camera. This feature ranges from the lowest setting, 1, to a middle setting of 5, to the fastest setting of 20.
- Auto Focus: Allows the user the ability to automatically zoom and focus the lens on an object. The auto focus will function to provide optimal viewing based on distance and clarity.
To restore the settings in the zoom and focus menu, click on the Restore All button. To refresh the menu screen, click Refresh.
Using the Amcrest View Pro App
The Amcrest View Pro app provides direct access to your camera and its features via your smartphone. For more information on how to add your camera into the Amcrest View Pro app click here.
Step 1: Log into the Amcrest View Pro app and select your device.
Step 2: From the live view screen tap on the PTZ icon ( ) located on the bottom portion of the screen.
Step 3: Use your fingers to pinch and optically zoom the camera.
The motorized lens of the camera can also be controlled by the Zoom and Focus buttons located in the PTZ menu.