Physical Installation (WiFi Dome Camera)
Before proceeding with the physical installation of your dome camera, please refer to the following video provided below.
Note: Due to specific hardware limitations within your camera it is important to note that these devices will not be able to automatically/remotely pan/tilt or pivot in either the app or via the web UI on a computer. For this reason, it is imperative to make sure to mount the cameras properly and position them as efficiently as you can to the areas you wish to monitor. All positioning actions to the camera will have to be performed manually. For more information on how to pan/tilt or pivot your camera, view the following video provided below:
MicroSD Card Installation Guide
To Install a microSD card into your camera, please refer to the step by step guide below:
Note: You will need to access the camera’s motherboard to insert the microSD card.
1. Remove the lens cover for the camera with the supplied wrench tool to access the motherboard. 2. Locate the provided microSD card slot on the motherboard and slide the clasp back to open. 3. Place the microSD card, into the provided microSD card slot gold pins down and close the clasp. 4. Slide the clasp forward to secure the microSD card to the pins and secure the clasp.
Basic Wiring Overview
On some Amcrest model cameras may feature additional dongle wiring connections. These connections contain a power adapter connection, an Ethernet connection, audio wires, and alarm wiring. This device comes equipped with audio capabilities, the audio wiring is featured in the wire harness attached to this device. There are no built-in speakers or microphones, all audio for this device will be provided using external third-party devices such as microphones and speakers.
|Power||The camera will require a basic 12V DC power adapter. Plug the power adapter into the power port and then plug the adapter into an electrical source to power the camera|
|Ethernet Port||This connection is used to transmit data to and from the local area network.|
|AUDIO IN||This connection allows for the connection of a single channel, external RCA microphone to be utilized for this device. This can also be useful when setting up two-way audio for your system.|
|AUDIO OUT||This connection allows for the utilization of a single channel, RCA speaker.|
|ALARM||This connection provides alarm in and alarm out features to an external alarm or security system. The basic overview of these wires are as follows: 1Yellow: ALARM_IN1, 2Orange ALARM_OUT1, 3Gray Alarm_GND (Ground)|
Note: If this information does not pertain to your specific model camera, please refer to the physical installation guide below.
Physical Installation Guide (WiFi Dome Cameras)
To install the camera on a ceiling or wall, please reference the below diagram as well as the steps: Note: Prior to installation, please ensure that the installation environment can support at least 3x the weight of the camera + bracket.
To install the camera onto a wall, follow the steps below:
1. Use a Torx/Hex wrench (included) to open the dome enclosure by unfastening the three inner hex screws on enclosure.
2. Place the installation sticker on the wall or ceiling surface that you wish to mount your camera. 3. Using the X’s on the installation sticker, drill
3 holes to allow for the insertion of the included expansion bolts.
4. If the camera’s cable will be exiting through the wall or ceiling surface, please be sure to drill an exit hole and pull the cable through.
5. If the camera’s cable will be exiting through the side of the camera, route the cable through the U-shaped channel on the side of the enclosure. 6. Align the camera with the installation sticker, then line up the 3 screw holes in the camera pedestal to the three plastic expansion bolts on the installation surface. Put the three included screws through the camera then insert them into the expansion bolts firmly.
7. Adjust the camera in the position that you want it to be in, then reattach the dome body to the base of the camera.
Note: Range of lens: vertical (0°～+65°), horizontal (0°～+355°). When adjusting the camera into position, please ensure that the camera’s enclosure does not block the image or cause reflection of IR light.
Please sign in to leave a comment.