Please watch this video for more details
Basic Wiring Overview
On your device you will notice a pre-attached wire pigtail containing 5 wiring connections These connections contain a power connection and ground, an Ethernet connection, audio wires, and alarm wiring.
Note: There are no built-in speakers or microphones, all audio for this device will be provided using external third-party devices such as microphones and speakers.
1. POWER - This connection is optional for this device since the device will draw power via an Ethernet cable (PoE) however, the option is there. The camera will require a basic 12V DC power adapter. This wire also has a optional grounding (EARTH) wire for additional grounding of the unit.
2. ALARM - This connection provides alarm in and alarm out features to an external alarm or security system. The basic overview of these wires are as follows:
3. Ethernet Connection - This connection is used to transmit data and transmit PoE power to the unit. The unit is standard PoE (802.3at) compatible. A POE+ connection is not applicable for this device.
4. AUDIO OUT - This connection provides a mono RCA input for outgoing audio. This connection is typically used to run an external speaker which can be implemented for two-way audio. External speaker sold separately.
5. AUDIO IN - This connection provides a mono RCA connection to utilize an auxiliary microphone. For more information or if you would like to purchase an external microphone for your camera, please click here
Please sign in to leave a comment.