There are two different ways to install this camera. Flush mount installation is when the cables run along the surface of the wall or ceiling. In-wall installation is when the cables run hidden inside the ceiling or wall. Please reference the diagram below as well as the steps that follow:
NOTE: Prior to installation, please ensure that the installation environment can support at least three times the weight of the camera and the bracket.
Your camera should come with a wall placement sticker, a pack of screws, plastic wall anchors, and a weatherproof RJ-45 cover. Please ensure the following tools are also available and ready for use:
- Power Drill
- 3/16 Drill Bit
- #2 Phillips Head Drill Bit with Extension, or a #2 Phillips Head Screwdriver
- Safety Glasses
- 15/16th Paddle Bit (for in-wall installation)
1) REMOVE THE BASE PLATE OF THE CAMERA FROM THE DOME:
- Use a Torx/Hex (Allen) wrench (included) to open the dome enclosure by loosening the three inner hex screws (enclosure fixed screw).
- Once the inner hex screws (enclosure fixed screw) are loosened, remove the dome cover (enclosure) completely from the base of the camera.
This is step is necessary to access the base plate screw openings in order to mount the camera.
2) TO PERFORM A FLUSH MOUNT INSTALLATION:
(Cable runs along surface of ceiling or wall)
- Ensure the base plate is completely removed from the dome cover (enclosure) and body of the camera. (See the first section of this document).
- Place the included sticker onto the surface where the camera will be mounted. The sticker has marked openings for three standard (installation) screws.
- Using a 3/16th drill bit and power drill, drill three holes on the X’s on the installation sticker. This is to allow insertion of the included expansion bolts (plastic wall anchors).
- Insert the plastic wall anchors into the holes and hammer them with a hammer.
- Align the base plate of your camera with the installation sticker then line up the three screw holes on the camera pedestal to the three holes on the installation surface. NOTE: Ensure to position the cable in the notch on the base so it is not caught between the mounting surface and the base plate
- Insert the three screws and use a power drill and #2 Philips head bit to tighten them securely to your mounting surface.
- Attach the dome cover back onto the mounted base of the camera & retighten the hex screws
NOTE: Range of lens: vertical (0°～+65°), horizontal (0°～+355°). When adjusting the camera into position, please ensure that the camera’s enclosure does not block the image or cause reflection of IR light.
3) TO PERFORM AN IN-WALL INSTALLATION:
(Cables run hidden inside the ceiling or wall)
- Ensure the base plate is completely removed from the dome of the camera. (See the first section of this document).
- Place the included sticker onto the surface where the camera will be mounted. The sticker has marked openings for three standard (installation) screws and also a larger designated opening for the hole from inside or behind the wall.
- Drill a hole on the placement sticker on the larger designated opening using a 15/16th paddle bit.
- After drilling the hole with your paddle bit, run your power cable through the hole from inside or behind the wall.
- The data cable should be bare in order to insert it through the weatherproof RJ-45 cover that came with your camera. (NOTE: A pre-made cable will not be able to use the weatherproof cover).
To assemble the RJ-45 cover:
- Drop the small rubber washer into the plastic housing, then screw on the top cover.
- Run the data cable through the weatherproof cover.
- Install the RJ-45 connector to the end of the data cable to terminate the connection.
- On the female data cable connector on the camera, place the large rubber O-ring around the end of the connector and pull it down. This is to ensure that water does not penetrate this connection when fully assembled.
- Plug in the data cable and securely tighten the weatherproof RJ-45 cover.
- Plug in the power cable and carefully insert all the cables into the hole in the ceiling or wall. Push the main cable through.
- Align the three holes on the camera's base plate with the holes on the sticker on the mounting surface.
- Insert the three standard installation screws and tighten them with your power drill to secure your camera to the mounting surface.
- Reattach the dome cover back onto the mounted base of the camera and retighten the hex screws.