Amcrest Cloud Setup On Amcrest Cloud App
Things to consider before purchasing cloud service:
- NETWORK SPEED is an important factor in the quality of the video feed and storage to the cloud. We recommend a DOWNLOAD SPEED of 4.5 or higher and an UPLOAD SPEED of a 1.5 or higher for every camera setup to the cloud. To figure out your network’s upload and download speed, please visit net to run a test on your network. You will then be provided your measurement. For more information on best practices for your Wi-Fi camera, please click here.
- SIGN UP with an original email address that is not connected with another company cloud when creating your Amcrest Cloud account. Amcrest Cloud Service will not be able to use the email address if another cloud account is linked to it. If you wish to not remove your email address from another cloud provider, you can create a new email address and use it with the Amcrest cloud service.
Configuring the camera to Amcrest Cloud App:
Step 1: Download the Amcrest Cloud app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
Step 2: After you have successfully installed the Amcrest Cloud app on your mobile device. Load the application and click on Sign Up to begin.
Step 3: Enter your credentials to create your new cloud account. Please enter your name, create a username and password. Confirm the password and then enter a valid email address. After you have confirmed the email address, click Sign Up to finish the signing up for an account.
Step 4: Click on View Terms to read the terms and conditions. If you do not wish to read the terms, please click agree.
Step 5: Click on Add Camera.
Step 6: Next, give your camera a name. This name can be anything you’d like the camera to be named i.e. "Kitchen", "Office", "Garage", etc. After giving your camera a name, click on Next to continue.
Step 7: Scan the QR code located on your device to automatically generate the serial number. You can also manually enter it in by typing it into the Enter camera S/N (serial number) field.
To begin, locate the serial tag on your device. The serial tag should be on the bottom/side of your device. Once you have located the serial tag, find the QR Code and scan hover your mobile device's camera over the code. The serial number will automatically populate in the Enter camera S/N (serial number) field.
If you are unsuccessful scanning the QR code you can enter the serial number for your device manually into the app. To do so, locate the serial number for your device on the serial tag and enter the serial number into the Enter camera S/N (serial number) field.
Note: If you receive the error message below, there may be an issue connecting your device to the cloud. Please ensure the camera on is or power cycle (reset) the camera. Also, ensure your camera is connected to your network with an Ethernet cable. For more information on cloud related issues, click here. If resolved, click on Next to continue.
Step 8: Please input the camera’s username and password. This is related to the login credentials for your camera, not your Amcrest Cloud account.
Step 9: Next, configure the cloud settings for your camera. (NOTE: The setting in the cloud will overrule the configurations in your camera settings.) After you have configured your cloud settings, click on Finish.
Step 10: You will be taken to the main menu of the app. Click on LIVE to view your camera in the cloud.
Your feed is now LIVE!
If you're planning on upgrading to a paid plan, it will only be available through a desktop or laptop computer by going to https://amcrest.com/cloud.
- Look over what plan will best fit your needs and then click on change plan.
- Select your “Storage Limit”.
- Select the number of cameras you would like to add.
- The pre-payment is option. You can leave it as none.
- Last Click on “Review my Order”.
6. Input your purchase information, then click continue.