How To Setup Alexa Echo and Show Using Amcrest Products
Many of our Amcrest IP Cameras are compatible with select Amazon Echo devices when utilizing the Amcrest Cloud service.
Note: Certain Alexa devices such as the Echo Show 5 only support cameras up to 1080P resolution. Cameras set at a higher resolution above 1080P may experience issues connecting to Alexa.
For a brief guide on how to connect your Amcrest camera to a supported Amazon Echo device, please follow the instructions below:
1. Please verify an Amcrest Cloud account is set up with cameras added on the account. Please also ensure the supported Amazon Echo device has completed all initial setup including synchronization with your Amazon account on the device.
2, Download the Alexa app from the Apple App store or Google Play Store if you haven't done so already.
3. Once the app is open, go to the main menu and select "Skills".
4. Search for "Amcrest Cloud", and install the Amcrest Cloud skill.
5. At this point, you will need to login to your Amcrest Cloud account. Once logged in, you can then "Discover Devices" on the Alexa app.
6. Once Alexa finishes discovering devices, you should see your cameras listed. These should be the same cameras you have added onto Amcrest Cloud.
7. You can then request Alexa to show you the camera by uttering a phrase. For example, if your camera is named "Office", speak the phrase: "Alexa, show me the Office camera." to the supported Amazon Echo device. The camera's live stream should begin.
Note: The name that the supported Amazon Echo device will use is the name listed on Amcrest Cloud. You will need to ensure the name of the camera matches what you utter to the Amazon Echo device in order to see the camera's live stream.
If you run into any issues or have questions on how the integration with Alexa works, please contact us at email@example.com