The Amcrest ACD-830B camera is equipped with a firmware upgrade function. Upgrading is needed only when an improved firmware is available. The camera should always be operating on the latest firmware version available for optimal performance. A formatted MicroSD Card is required for this process.
Note: Camera must be plugged into an external power supply when upgrading the firmware, otherwise the firmware upgrade process can be interrupted and ruin the cameras firmware.
To upgrade the firmware, follow these steps:
- Download the most recent firmware from amcrest.com/firmware.
- Unzip the downloaded zip file from amcrest.com.
- Place the firmware file on the MicroSD card.
- Insert the MicroSD card into the camera and connect to an external power source.
- Notice the LED indicators flashing when the camera powers on.
- When flashing the firmware, the camera’s screen will be off while the LED indicators are flashing. Please wait while flashing the camera.
- The camera will power on after the firmware flashing is complete.
- Immediately format the MicroSD card within the camera’s General Settings.
Note: If the firmware file is not deleted off the MicroSD card, the camera will attempt to flash the firmware again.
- Use camera as usual and enjoy!