Once your Amcrest IP Camera is initially set up on the internet (either using an ethernet cable or if it is connected over Wi-Fi), it can be easily accessed on other smartphone devices using a method called P2P (Peer to Peer). The steps to adding a camera using this method are outlined below:
1. Ensure your device is powered on and is connected to the internet using either an ethernet cable directly to your router, or a Wi-Fi connection.
2. If you haven't already, download the Amcrest View Pro app on the app store or Google Play store. Once downloaded, open the app and tap on the icon in the top left-hand corner and select Device Manager.
3. Next, tap on the icon on the top right-hand corner that resembles a + icon. You will then have the ability to choose a connection method. Select the P2P option.
4. Give the camera a name, then tap on the QR code icon in the S/N field. Your mobile device will enable it's camera to scan the QR code on the bottom of the camera.
Once scanned, it will input the S/N of the camera automatically into the S/N field. The default username and password is admin. If you have already configured a new password, ensure you input the new password into the password field.
5. Tap the Start Live Preview button and you should start seeing live video.