This camera is equipped with an automatic firmware upgrade function. Upgrading is needed only when an improved firmware is available. Any trail camera should always be operating on the latest firmware version available.
First download the most recent firmware from http://www.amcrest.com/firmware
To update firmware, follow the below steps:
1. Unzip the update file.
2. Copy the bin file to an SD card.
3. Insert the SD card into the camera. (SD Cards contacts facing up, away from the battery tray.)
4. Power on the camera into Test Mode.
5. The camera will read the SD card and update itself automatically. When updating the camera, the screen will be black and the red recording light will pulse.
6. The screen will light up after the update is finished.
7. Turn the camera off.
8. Remove the SD card, then insert it into a computer, and delete the bin file on the SD card. (If you don't do this, the camera will try to update again when it is powered on.)
9. Insert the SD card into the camera like normal. The camera should have the latest firmware installed at this point.