Amcrest IP Cameras can be accessed via a web browser on a PC or Mac. Using the Local Web Access interface, the camera’s advanced settings can be configured.
1. Connect the camera to a power supply using the included power adapter.
2. Connect the camera to the internet by using an ethernet cable. Connect the ethernet cable to a port on your router, and connect the other end of the cable to the port on the back of the camera.
3. Using a PC or a Mac, insert the included CD and install the IP Config software. Alternatively, you can download the IP Config software for your specific operating system by selecting the appropriate link: Here for Windows or Here for mac.
4. Open the IP Config software and hit the refresh button. The camera will appear in the device list. Click the E icon to open the camera in your default web browser. If your default web browser is not Internet Explorer on a PC or Safari on a Mac, we highly recommend you utilize these browsers at least for the initial set up process. We are using Internet Explorer in the following example:
5. If this is your first time setting up the camera, log in using the default login credentials (use admin for both the username and password). If you have already set up the camera previously on your smartphone or through another method, use the username and password that you configured previously. If this is your first time logging into the device, you will be required to change the default password for security reasons.
6. Once logged in, you will need to download a browser plugin to enable live viewing. Download and install the Amcrest browser plugin on your PC or Mac to enable live viewing (you may need to enable the plugin in order to view live video for your specific browser). Once the plugin is installed, you may need to refresh the page on your browser. The following example is done in Internet Explorer:
7. The camera is now successfully set up for live viewing and playback over a wired connection. To set up Wi-Fi (optional), navigate to Setup -> Network -> WiFi. Click the Help Center icon on the top right of the page to follow the on-screen instructions.
8. When the camera successfully connects to your wireless network, note that the IP Address of your camera is different when it is on a wireless connection. If need be you may click "Refresh" in the IP Config Tool to get the new WiFi IP address if the wireless IP does not auto populate. If you disconnect the ethernet cable from the camera, you can still access the camera over the wireless connection, but you must use the IP address that is stated on the WiFi page.
9. Now that your camera is set up wirelessly, you can easily add it to the Amcrest View Pro app on your smartphone. To do this, you'll need to follow the P2P setup method, click here to proceed to the P2P setup method for your smartphone.